Blogmas Day 8, Top 6 Books Of 2015| Ailish Elizabeth

Day 8 of 12 Days of Blogmas, can you believe it?
Today's post is going to be me telling you my top 6 books of 2015, it was suppose to be top 5, I could not decide between two. If you have read my first post of this year, you would have read that one of my New Year's Resolutions was to read between 15 and 20 books this year, this year I have read 15 books, I did want to read more, but this past month or two I haven't had time to read because of school work, so here are my top 6 books I have read in 2015; in no particular order.

All The Bright Places
by Jennifer Niven


This was the first book I read this year, and it was most probably was my favourite book of my year, it is about two people, who are totally unalike become friends, through a school project, they get to know each other. Through out the book we see the true Finch and Violet (the two main characters) as well as how people on the outside world see them. I really recommend this book, if you have not read it, however be prepared to cry. I have dome a review on this book; if you want to read it, here it is http://ailishelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Book%20Review

Looking For Alaska
by John Green


Another book that will make you cry. I only read this book this year, and I can't believe it. I pushed it off for such a long time, and I can't believe it this book was just amazing, I did not expect it to be this good. If you haven't read this book it is about a boy who lives a boring life and goes off to college, there he meets a girl called Alaska Young. They become friends and have a group of friends, it is such a good book, but then something happens that changes the whole book. 

I Was Here
by Gayle Forman


I think I also cried at this book. When I started reading this, I didn't think I would like it, as it took me a while to get into it, however once I had started it, I loved it. The book is about two best friends and one of them commits suicide and her friend Cody wants to know why. Cody goes to where Meg went to college to pack up Meg's belongings for her family. Whilst there Cody meets Meg's room mates, people she didn't expect her best friends to be friends with, she also finds out a lot things she didn't know about her best friend. This book contains mystery, tragedy and romance. 

Say Her Name
by James Dawson


This book is a horror/ scary book, though it isn't too scary, it is the first type of book I have read like this, and picked it up in Waterstones, without knowing what it was and I was lucky as my copy was actually signed my James Dawson. This book is about a girl Bobbie and her friend Naya and a boy called Caine who summon Bloody Mary on Halloween. After that night, for the next five days things that don't normally occur, starts happening, writing on the mirror, nose bleeds and they finally realise they have actually summoned Bloodt Mary and they only have a few days left.

Go Set A Watchman
by Harper Lee
I started reading this the day it came out, however one day in the summer I decided to start reading it again from the beginning and read it so quick, I think I got through it in like two days. If you don't know what the book is about, it is about twenty years after To Kill A Mockingbird and Jean Louise (Scout) arrives back home to Maycomb. The whole family have grown up, as well as the town. You have to realise when reading this it was wrote before To Kill A Mockingbird, and somethings are not the same, but it is a good book. My favourite bits of the books were the flashbacks.

Never Never (Part 1 and Part 2)
by Coleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
I though I would just put these two together, as they are novellas and are really short, with around, I think 150 pages. Never Never is about a boy and a girl who have been friends since they were little and been in love since they were fourteen, they can't remember nothing.  He wants to remember, whilst she wants to forget. It is hard to tell you what part two is about, without spoiling part one, but in this on they remember a bit, but have to keep remembering and they are learning what is happening.

I hope you liked today's post, come back tomorrow for a new one. Also comment below your favourite book of this year.

Love
Ailish Elizabeth
xx



Comments

  1. Say Her Name sounds like a really good book. I will definitely try to get a copy of it soon.
    RĂ³
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it, it wasn't a book I thought I would love, however it was such an amazing book! Thank you for reading and commenting!
      Love
      Ailish Elizabeth

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts