A Little In Love by Susan Fletcher book review| AilishElizabeth

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not uploading a blog post on Sunday, I didn't have any ideas on what to do, and didn't write one either! However, today I am going to be doing a book review, so here it is!

    
 Title: A Little In Love

Number Of Pages:  268
Genre: Young Adult Fiction

Star Rating: 4.5/5 Stars 

Author:  Susan Fletcher

Synopsis:
As a young child Eponine never knew kindness, except once from her family's kitchen slave, Cosette. When at sixteen the girls' paths cross again and their circumstances are reversed, Eponine must decide what that friendship is worth, even though they've both fallen for the same boy. In the end, Eponine will sacrifice everything to keep true love alive.
(Synopsis from Good Reads)

My thoughts on the book:
This book is a retelling of the story Les Miserables but from Eponine's view. It shows her growing up in terrible conditions and treating people and being treated in horrible ways. It also shows how her life changes from something "good" to something awful. The book takes place, I think, around 1816 to 1832 and the majority of it taking place in Paris. 

If you have ever saw the play or film of Les Miserables, I think you would love this book. One of my favourite characters from Les Mis has got to be Eponine, so as soon as I saw the book I knew I had to read it and I knew I would love it, and I did love it.

A Little In Love was so gripping and I could not put the book down and it only took me two sit downs to read, I read it last night up until around page 225 and then finished it off this morning.
Even though Les Mis is not a true story, it is based off the way Paris/France was around 1832 and the French Revolution, it shows you how people had to live and how bad life must of been!

I really loved this book and it made me smile and cry and was amazingly wrote, it was very poetic.

Love
 Ailish Elizabeth

Buy this book at Waterstones

Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts